You’ve started your business Facebook page (congratulations!), but you know that you just can’t “build it and they will come.” Of course you can always run a Facebook ad or promote your page, but how do you attract quality likes to your page without spending a lot of money?
- Email Newsletters. If you send out a newsletter, mail or electronic, be sure to add a call-to-action “Like Us On Facebook” in a prominent place (near the top or on the first page). You can also add the Facebook icon. If you use electronic newsletters, be sure to include the link to your page.
- Email signature. Add the “Follow Us On Facebook,” with the link to your page, to your email signature.
- Freebies. Offer an incentive, such as an exclusive discount, to people who like your page. Restaurants can offer a free beverage; services can promise a 10% discount on future work, etc. Customers can us the Facebook app on their phones to show you they’ve liked your page at the time of purchase.
- Sings.Hang signs in the window or put one near the register reminding people to like your page.
- Business cards. Add your Facebook URL to all your business cards.
- Social Media. If you’re using other social networks, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc., cross-promote them with a link to your Facebook page. Ask (but don’t require) employees to share your business page with their personal Facebook friends.
- Traditional advertising. Running any local radio, TV, or print ads? Add a quick “Find Us On Facebook!” at the end.
- Website. Add a link to your Facebook page on your website. Or better yet, add the Facebook Page Plugin so people can like your page without leaving your website.
- Promotions. Use a special Facebook app to run a contest or promotion where liking your page enters people into a drawing for a gift card, discount, or other fun business-related prize.